Sunday, February 20, 2011

My First Blog Post, Ever

Here goes my attempt at blogging... well that isn't entirely true.  I actually made a blog about the Vietnam War in a fiction class during college, but I don't think it counts as blogging if you are doing it for a grade... Anywho

I have decided that now is as good a time as any.  I feel that the first post should set the tone for my blog, a mission statement of sorts.  I want this to be a space where I can bring creativity back into my life.  I have spent far too many years with my head buried in the books, and it is time to bring balance back into my life.  Unfortunately, I don't feel confident enough in my abilities to fill an entire blog with just one avenue, so I will be posting a wide variety of ideas/inspirations/projects here.  I apologize in advance to the foodie-purist or those of you who are only interesting in crafting, but I haven't found that one category that fully fills my cup... yet.  Maybe this will evolve into something more, but my goal is to not put any pressure on myself at this point.  This should be fun, right?  The moment that it stops being fun is the moment I will surely put an end to it.  

As usual, I have not chosen the most optimal of times to start a project like this, but that is par for the coarse for me.  (Example:  I decided that I simply had to be on the college dance team when I was in the big middle of organic chemistry, not my brightest idea)  My point is that this may get off to a slow start.  However, a break from school is on the horizon, so hopefully my creative juices will get the chance to flow very soon.  

Stay tuned!





About the photo:  These are my 2 pride and joys!  My adorable doxies!  Since I don't have any children (yet) these two cuties are my babies.  They will probably be making appearances along the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment